Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Time...

some thoughts came to my mind while I was snuggling my little babe and getting Aspen tucked into bed last night, so I wrote them down.  I use to love writing poetry and I would spend so much time doing it when I was younger, but I haven't wrote anything in years so I'm a little rusty, but it says how I feel.


Time…hold off, just wait a while
I’m trying to hold on, remember, engrain it in my mind
The image of my baby, her eyes, her ears, her mouth, her nose

Time…hold off, just wait awhile
I’m trying to hold on, remember, engrain it in my mind
My daughters laugh, her hugs, her tears, her prayers

Time…hold off, just wait a while
I’m trying to hold on, remember, engrain it in my mind
My husbands hands, his mind, his caring, his touch

Time…hold off, just wait a while
I’m trying to remember, engrain it in my mind
My youth, my family, my moments, my faith, my love

Time…hold off.
Just wait a while.

No comments: