Friday, June 28, 2013

A much needed day and little updates

I spent a much needed day out with one of my very best and dearest friends yesterday.  Charlotte is one of those childhood friends who is more of a sister then a friend.  We rarely talk, rarely see one another, but there is always a friendship and love there.  She lets me be me.  She knows a lot of my imperfections from my teen years, and she knows more than pretty much anyone about my adult struggles.  She doesn't judge me, she just listens and cares.  She has always had a big heart and she is so talented and great.  I love her.  I needed yesterday like one needs to eat.  Seriously.  If you know me, you know I live a pretty hermit life.  So when a friend has time to spend with me that I actually feel comfortable letting in, it's like breathing for me.  Finally someone to talk to!  I have three super close friends like this, and I love each of them so much - they will always be family to me!  I'm thankful for those in my life that know my imperfections and weaknesses, especially my social awkwardness, and love me anyway!

I've been working on building my photo business and being a wife and mommy.  It's all very busy.  Sometimes - most times - I forget to make sure my bucket is filled - something I desperately need to do to feel like myself and feel sane!

Aspen has been taking dance two days a week this summer, and she loves it.  She also does swim lessons once a week. The rest of the summer, she has been trying to get all the friend time in she can.  We make her take walks with us every night - 2 miles, much to her dismay - but she deals with it.

Audri is 5 mths now and oh-so-stinkin-cute!!!  She is the happiest sweetest baby.  I'm thankful for her every day.  She fills my heart.  She just turned over for the first time today onto her belly and she was so mad about it, but kept doing it all day.  She needs to learn to turn to her back so she doesn't get so mad when she is stuck on her tummy.  She will go days without hardly crying (besides when she is hungry, poopy, or tired - and even then she really only fusses a little)  but then she will have about 1 day a week that she cries most the day.  But since it only happens one day a week, it's easy to handle.  I don't even believe myself when I tell people what a happy baby she is.  It's hard to believe there is such a happy baby.  I feel totally spoiled.

Ashton is just busy working.  He loves his girls and comes home and snuggles them after work.  He walks in the door and the first thing he does is take Audri from me.  He is such a good dad.  I wish he had more play time, he works so hard.

And I need a vacation.  It's been far too long!  I wanna get out of the every day for a little while.  Glad we have a little family reunion on the Call side coming up in 2 weeks.
5 mths and oh-so-cute!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad you came to play with me for the afternoon. :) Love you, girl. Let's not let it be so long before we get together again.