Tuesday, November 19, 2013

One more day

I'm one day to my 30th birthday and I wonder how I got here.  Somedays I still wonder who I am.  I thought I would know that by 30.  Somedays I wonder if anyone really sees ME.  Does anyone know who I am?  Do I matter?  Is anyone watching what I'm becoming - where I've come from - who I'm going to be?  Have I made a difference?  Have I touched anyone's life in any real way?  Where do I belong?  As I laid in bed at 3 this morning, trying to sleep - since it's the first night in 10 mths that Audri has slept for more then 2 hrs at a time - and no sleep would come.  My mind wouldn't shut off.  I am not a depressed person, nor do I deal with depression on a regular basis, but turning 30 has been a difficult birthday for me.  I rolled over and shed a few tears as I whispered to my dad "I miss you - I wanna come home!"  It's not that I want to die, or that I'm suicidal, it was just a thought.  A passing thought of being a child away at my sisters for a month in the summer and wanting to go home - feeling homesick - missing my mom and dad.  For a moment I just wanted to be able to be "home" to hug my daddy and sing songs with him.  I haven't felt at "home" in years.  Mostly I feel lost and busy.  I know who I am - I know I'm a daughter of God - a mother - a wife - sometimes I still feel lost in this big world.  I feel like I work hard, I try to accomplish my goals, often falling short.  And I wonder if anyone out there really sees me.  It's hard to see someone who is an introvert I imagine :)

Aaannnnddd...my moment of catching up on my journal and talking about life is up...babies crying.  And so it goes...

Another day in paradise! Love my babies! :)

No comments: