Time is still going here. Day by Day - just enjoying my couch vacation. The ward has still been awesome and taking care of us day by day.
At my next appointment I'm going to see if I'm far enough along to get off bedrest and just let her come if she is ready to, because my body is exhausted from being pregnant. Seems to get a littler sicker each week. My heart has been racing and my circulation has been awful (purple toes) from having so many contractions. I'm glad we have been able to hold off this long, but I'm about ready to just let my body do what it wants to do.
Audri's new word is GO! She's been singing "let it go" for a while now, but now she signs "let's go" and says it so darn cute and demanding. Or she will tell us to "go" if we are bugging her :) She is getting full of attitude and I can tell she is getting close to 2 - she's getting busy and demanding. She also moved into a "big girl" bed tonight. We will see how that goes.
Aspen has parent teacher conferences the other day and Ashton said the teacher said she is really great and above average in everything. She is also reading at a 6th grade level in 3rd grade. I'm super proud of her. She is so smart she keeps us busy.
The baby moves. A lot. And I have acid reflux. A lot. I'm getting to the end of my patience. I wish I was like other mothers I know who are so patient and happy to let the baby go as long as they want to go. I am not unselfish enough. Otherwise I'd stay on bedrest the whole time :)
I asked the Dr why they delivered Audri so soon when I was actually feeling well with her and didn't even KNOW I was in labor and she wasn't stressing, and not delivering this one even though I've been sick and miserable. She said hospital policy has changed in the past year. It use to be that if someone who previously had a c-section was continuously having contractions they were to deliver them and not let them keep contracting. To make sure the c-section scar didn't rupture. Well now they have changed policy to be to let the mother keep laboring as long as the baby isn't showing any signs of stress until the mother dilates or her water breaks. Seems strange to me, but I guess they found that letting the baby have more time to develop before being born was better then the risk of rupturing. So weird, and interesting. So we wait. Till I dilate, or baby (Ava Lynn we are thinking) starts showing signs of distress.
No comments:
Post a Comment