Thursday, September 6, 2012

A day with the Aunts

All my mom's sisters flew in to do genealogy with my mom this week.  They haven't all been together since my dad's funeral so it's really great to see them all together.  It makes me happy/sad.  It makes me happy because I LOVE LOVE my aunts and spending time with them, but sad because it's hard to know when/if it will ever happen again.  Last year my Aunt was having heart problems, and they didn't think she would make it, my mom's health has been going downhill and she can't travel as much because of her illnesses she has had.  You just never know what life will bring.

Anyhow, we spent the evening together doing my moms side of the families genealogy, looking at writings, photos, hearing and telling stories.  It was so much fun.  I haven't ever done much with genealogy, but I can see how people start getting the bug.  It's so overwhelming to think about it all, but so fun at the same time.  I'm hoping to take photos of them all tomorrow and jump in one of them, and then I will post them here.  I'm thankful for family!

No comments: