Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Updates

Yesterday I got a call from Aspens school not once, but twice.  Apparently her cousin found a little puppy at the bus stop and gave it to aspen, and aspen put it in her backpack.  She then took it to school.  Then she let it out in the school.  Then she told her teacher it was her dog.  So I got a call from the office saying my dog was at school.  I said, no it's not ours, my dog is at home, then  I got a call from her teacher saying Aspen was insisting it as hers, and was I sure.  I thought that was an interesting question, since I knew my dog was at home and had already told them so.  Haha, anyway, that was our adventure yesterday.  Aspen said she thought it was hers because her cousin gave it to her.  Oh I love that funny little girl!! Every morning she and I have our prayers and scriptures, and I love hearing her heartfelt prayers.  When she is done saying what she wants to, she always stops and asks, "mom, is there anything else you would like to add?"  haha.  Guess I should tell her at the beginning so we don't interrupt prayer, but it's just so darn precious I can't fix it yet.  I know it won't last forever.

I'm 4 months along now and the nausea is gone, and my sinuses are finally starting to clear up a little.  I haven't felt the baby move yet which has had me all worried though I'm sure everything is fine.  I just felt Aspen move at 3 mths, but everyone says that was really early.  Of course with Aspen that doesn't surprise me.  Everything with her was fast.  She moved fast, came fast, ate fast, talked fast, walked fast...she has just been on the move since the moment she was born and she rarely slows down.  Maybe this is just a more calm baby.  The other thing that has bothered me with this pregnancy is that I haven't felt it's little spirit with me like I did through my pregnancy with Aspen.  I just felt her with me all the time.  And maybe in perspective God just knew I needed to be able to feel Aspen's spirit because Ashton and my parents were gone and I was often lonely, thank goodness for the Salisbury family or I may not have made it through sane.  It was a true blessing of a family with a huge heart!

Ashton has been looking for a job, and it feels really trying at times to be waiting.  I'm learning patience and how to go without things.  :0)  it's hard to go from having money to not having money, but I feel blessed in so many other areas in our life that I feel bad if I complain.

1 comment:

Pals Place said...

What a fun story about the dog! Your girl looks so much like you! And I hadn't heard you were expecting. Congratulations! Hope you continue to feel better and can get rid of the sinus issues.