Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life Updates and a kick!

I have been so busy with photoshoots lately I haven't had time to post.  It's been a fun month with a lot of fun shoots!  I can't figure out my password to my photo blog or I would be posting my photos there! haha.  guess it's time to build a new one.

 I always felt like the time wasn't quite right for  me to be doing photography shoots full time, for whatever reason, and when people would want photo shoots done, I sort of avoided them, but something changed recently and I just knew the timing was finally right.  I am confident in my abilities as a photographer, and now that the timing is right, every photo shoot goes so well.  Before when I would try to do photoshoots but the timing just didn't seem right, something went wrong with every photo shoot.  My camera would be dumb, or I hated what I got, or they weren't sharp, or I just felt nervous during the whole shoot and couldn't pose anyone...it just didn't work out. I was frustrated and therefore avoided doing them.   It's strange how much TIMING really means in our life and how it affects us and our abilities to do what we are trying to do.

I'm so excited that the time is finally right, I am in awe at the blessings God has given me lately, my photoshoots and photography abilities have been coming to me so naturally now, and I just kept wondering why it hadn't been this way a year or so ago.  Then it came to me that it's all in God's time, just like this little baby I am now carrying.  We tried for so long for this little one, and it just never happened.  Just when I had given up and was not going to do any more surgeries for it, or fertility pills, and had decided life was fine with one child and would probably be easier anyway...I up and got pregnant! :0)  All in God's time.  This pregnancy has been so strange and difficult in it's own way, that had I gotten pregnant when I thought I had wanted to be, I had so much going on in my life at that time, I don't know that I would have been able to juggle everything.  This baby is here at the right time.

Speaking of this little one, it is 19 weeks along now, and I felt it really move for the first time this morning.  I have felt the little butterfly flutterings for about a week, but I rolled over in bed this morning, and all the sudden got a good little kick for doing so.  I called Aspen in to feel it moving, but by the time she got out of bed and came in, it decided to quit.  Little stinker.

My favorite thing lately is when Aspen comes and puts her little hand on my belly and leans in and talks to "her baby".  She is so sweet to this little one and is so excited to see it when it comes.  She is a sweetie and I need to learn to have more patience with her.  I think because I am stressing so much about us  not having the income we use to when I was working, I take my frustrations out on her sometimes poor thing.

Ashton is still looking for a job.  I don't understand the whole job market thing.  If you have a degree they want you to have work experience in the field (how the heck are you supposed to get experience while you are going to school full time and when no one will hire you WITHOUT the experience!! sooo frustrating to me!) It would be nice if this is the case if colleges would put you into a working environment to gain the experience so that when you apply for a job when you graduate you can get one!  Poor Ashton, he's been trying so hard, and trying to keep a good attitude about it.  It's just so upsetting sometimes.  I think about getting another job, but it doesn't feel right, so for now I'm just booking as many photo shoots as I can and doing the best I can on them to help bring in some extra income.

That's the update on us lately...not much else going on, I go to school, help Aspen with homework and once in a while clean the house...I really should work on that one more :0)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't wait to find out what your baby is. :) Love you, girl.

Adam and Aubrey said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I have been so behind in the whole blogging thing... and OHMYGOSH!!! You're pregnant?!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Congrats!! I'm so excited for your little family! Oh my goodness! I can't wait to hear more! I promise to do better on the whole blog thing! At least... I'll try. YAY! Oh Shanda!! I'm sooo excited for you! And honestly, everything really is in the Lords timing. Sometimes it's sooo much easier to say than to actually deal with. I'm glad life is good for you! You deserve to be completely happy!