Monday, November 26, 2012

a few little notes - and Thanksgiving

I really need to get better at posting.  By the time I actually sit down to post I forget everything I wanted to remember...so I'm going to list a few things today, and then as soon as I get a little more time I will write more.


Differences in this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Aspen:

My pregnancy with Aspen:
loved "playing" in my ribs, I was always pushing her out with my hands because it hurt!

I got a pain under my left breast about a month before I had Aspen that the doctors couldn't figure out and it just stayed until I had her.  Veda and I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out...hot rice bags helped.

Aspen moved a lot. And easrly!  She started moving at the end of 3 mths, She was busy in my tummy.  And she's been that way since she came out.  Always on the move.

I was really sick the first three months, like throw up everything even water sick, lay on the couch and cry because I felt so yucky, couldn't stand smells of hardly anything

I was extremely emotional.  Probably due mostly to Ashton's deployment, but I was sooo emotional the whole time I carried her, and I'm afraid I passed that emotional state down to her.  She is a very emotional girl sometimes.  Like last night after we happily put her to bed after scriptures, I all the sudden hear crying, and I go into her room to find her just crying uncontrollably.  I asked what was wrong and she says "I don't know, I just feel like crying."  I stiffled a laugh and just rocked her.  Sometimes us girls just need a good cry.  Poor Ashton, he never knows what to do in moments like this...he wonders what in the world he's going to do with 3 girls with emotions.  Aspen asked him for a blessing so she could feel "comforted" I'm glad she knows to ask and that she knows it helps her.

I put on a lot of weight.  abt 50 pounds.  yuck

I carried her pretty high

This little one.  (I think her names Audrianna...we haven't decided for sure yet...)

I was nauseous for the first 3 mths, but no throw up except once.  Mostly I just gag in the mornings, then I was fine the rest of the day other than a constant nausea feel.

She has been a calm baby, rarely moves, I didn't feel her really until the end of my 4th month.  And even now she will move some, but not a lot.  

I have been very calm during this pregnancy and have just felt very at peace.  Not much in the way of any emotional troubles.

I just started getting a pain under my left breast again.  The same one I had with Aspen.  Except this time it's 2 mths too early.  Hope it doesn't last the whole time.  It's really a strange pain.  It gets worse at night if I lay on my left side.  It has a tingly, numb, strange pain.  especially to the touch.  

I have only put on 25-30 lbs so far, but I know I still have time to put on the rest.  Hope it's not 50 lbs this time though.

She likes to repeat little kicks on my bladder.  This can get annoying when it feels like she gets the hiccups down there.  I feel like I need to constantly pee.  She is carrying quite low.

Well that's about it so far, other than those little things, I can't remember a lot more about my pregnancy with Aspen to compare to.  This baby has just been much more calm, so I hope she comes out calm too!  If I could have another pregnancy like this one, I could handle it.  I was afraid it was going to be like I felt with Aspen and I wasn't sure I could do it too many times... :0)

Aspen has like I mentioned above, been having little melt down moments where she doesn't know why she feels the way she does, she just feels sad.  Any other parent of a girl out there have this happen??  Not sure why, I thought this didn't happen till the teen years.  She is still sweet as can be though.  She makes me smile.

Ashton starts job searching today with LDS services.  We can use all the prayers you can send our way.  Praying he gets a good job soon!  It's a trying time for us.  We definitely didn't expect it to be this difficult to get a job after he graduated.

I only have a handful of classes left to graduate...the problem is, to graduate by Fall I would need to take 4 classes this next semester...in the midst of having a new born baby.  Do I take the semester off and just take another year to graduate, or do I go ahead and try to make it happen?  That's been the prayer on my mind lately and I have yet to receive an answer.

I really want to post photos soon....I say that all the time. The problem is I do my blog on my laptop from school and my photos are on my home computer.  Soon I hope to have a moment to take time and post some.  I've been so busy with photo sessions lately I haven't had much time to work on other things.

We had an okay Thanksgiving.  it felt a little different this year.  It almost felt just like another Sunday going to Ashtons parents for Sunday dinner.  It was small.  But on Saturday we got together in Salt Lake with the Peck side, and that is anything but small.  With just my immediate family - brother, sisters, and their kids, we had around 60 there.  I love my family sooo much!!  A lot of us stayed over night in Salt Lake to attend my Nephew Seths Farewell.  He is going to Brazil.  He is such a sweet kid, I will miss him, but I'm excited for him too.

No comments: