http://www.lds.org/ensign/print/2004/12/making-weak-things-become-strong?lang=eng&clang=eng
This happened to me today. I asked how to make my weakness a strength. I'm not going to go into details about this one too much, it's all in my non computer journal. I'm very VERY rarely the type who keeps things "sacred" or "silent" I haven't had a lot of experiences to call too sacred to share. Most of the time I share everything. But suffice it to say, today I took a much needed step toward making my weaknesses a strength, and I felt God's love for me in a way I haven't felt in a long time. I have been under such a cloud for quite some time. When I have tried to pray, I have had too many negative thoughts go through my head to feel like my personal relationship with God was working. I've pushed this cloud aside and ignored it for a very long time. I ignored and ignored. My mind lately started getting foggier and foggier with it all, so I took it to the Lord, and I can't tell you what a relief I have felt. Just admitting my weaknesses and asking for direction. My mind is clear, and I feel so much lighter. Anyway, that's enough on that, but I love the scripture that says:
"I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them” (Ether 12:27)
And I love my Father in Heaven. I would never be able to deny that I have a testimony. I may not be the most righteous person, or always make the right decisions (probably not near as often as I should...) but I do have a testimony.
And I love the above link with the talk by Anne Pingree
No comments:
Post a Comment