Thursday, January 30, 2014

2013 was a wonderful year - and hoping for an amazing 2014

Like most times - I'm late posting updates.  It's been really crazy busy this month getting caught up on photo sessions since I was without my computer for a month in December since it decided to quit working.  Bless my husbands heart for standing in the Expercom store until they agreed to pay for the repairs ($700) because we just bought the computer for almost 2k a little over a year ago. My warranty had just barely run out.  We were not happy about this.

In the meantime, my baby started walking!  The week of her 1st birthday she decided it was time, and now she tries to run everywhere - cutest thing to watch!  Her birthday was on my sisters wedding day, so she didn't get much of a birthday, but Ashton and I (Aspen was at cousins) took a little time in the day and gave her her first taste of sugar :)  she loved it!  I am only posting phone pics, because I haven't gotten around to editing all my other photos :)  the life of a photographer!  

Oh little Audri! You will never never know how you have filled your mom and dad's hearts!  What a difference this sweet little spirit has brought into our home.  Her smiles steal our hearts. Her giggles make smiles spread on all our faces.  She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger - and he is by far her favorite person.  She lights up whenever he is around.  She only says Dad and has maybe said mom once...that's ok, I know she loves me when she runs (in a very wobbly way) and throws her cute little arms around my neck and sticks out her tongue and licks me :)  what can I say?  I love her messy kisses!  Little one, you have been a huge blessing to us.  There is not a day that goes by that we don't thank our Father in Heaven for sending you our way!  Our family has been happier, more at peace, and there have been a million more smiles since you came into our family.  Everywhere you go, people just stare at you and say how sweet you are.  You light up everyone's face who meets you.  You are truly a little piece of heaven!  We love you so much!


Things you do or say:
dad
dog
You actually like dolls unlike your sister!
you adore your big sister
you fold your arms for prayers (just started this week)
you walk (just started this month)
You love animals and are not the least bit scared of them
You aren't scared of strangers (most the time) you are happy to go to anyone
You don't get separation anxiety very often.  You are just happy!  All the time!
You don't sleep well - you are a cat napper - 20 mins here, 20 mins there.  Makes for long nights!
You bring peace and smiles wherever you go
You have a darling little giggle and are very ticklish. 
You love signing time
you give awesome hugs.  You won't give kisses very often, but when you do - it's a nice big lick :)
you love to walk and get into everything :)
You love yogurt bites & cereal
You hate sitting through church :)


Happy birthday my little ONE year old!
Here she is when we brought her home at 3 wks!  how in the world did time fly so fast!  She was so itty bitty!


Aspen got her ears pierced this year.  She had to earn this and worked hard to do so.  When Aspen wants to earn something she is pretty persistent and will do everything she can to earn what she would like :)  She is such an amazing big sister - every morning Audri gets so excited when Aspen wakes up - and Aspen is so adorable to her little sister.  Aspen has been such a fun girl - so busy- so smart - so sweet. We are thankful she is our little girl.  In one month she will be 8 and get baptized, she is very excited about this!  


My girls!  I love times we just get to all sit together and snuggle

I finally learned to french braid this year.  Not very well - but I'm trying to get better at doing Aspens hair and making it look cute :)


My mom gave me a much needed mommy makeover for 2014 and I soooo needed it.  Glad I have such an awesome hair dresser for a mommy!  I love love my mom and it's hard for me to watch her getting older.  Not a day goes by that we don't talk or see each other.  She may drive me crazy sometimes, but she is always there for me and always one of my best friends.  (And did I mention I've been exercising everyday for the past 3 weeks and I'm FINALLY starting to lose some weight! about time!)


I LOVE these moments!!!  I love seeing my girls together.  


Ashton and I rarely get a photo together.  Sometimes I can talk him into it, but he usually pulls a face!  Love this boy!  He works so hard for us - and then he comes home and cooks dinner for us everyday.  (That's the new agreement - I clean - he cooks! - LOVING it! he is a great cook!)


My beautiful girl


Most every Saturday morning Grandpa Call takes us to breakfast. It's nice to have this time with him :)



And this was the rest of my 2013 - I was booked solid for about 4 mths - shot about every day - many commercial jobs for the hospital and USU, and got hired by a company out of New York (Doctors in your community) to do some shoots for them.  It was nice to have some money for Christmas, and I was soooo tired and ready for a break at the end of those 4 mths :)  I'm loving my job and always striving to get better and better at it.  


2013 little updates:
January - had our little miracle baby
February - just brining baby home and lots of snuggle time while she was on oxygen - our 8 year anniversary
March - Aspen turned 7, Ashton turned 30
April - started woking for USU and traveling for shoots - about the time Audri says her first word DAD
May - More photo shoots,  spent most the month snuggling my baby 
June - More baby time - and it was the month for baby showers - my wonderful friend Michelle and my sister in law Dani - Audri starts standing and moving around a lot
July - Bear lake reunion with the Calls for 4 days at a cabin - tons of fun
August - From August to November  I pretty much had a shoot constantly :)  I got to attend an amazing event in August in Chicago (Skips Summer School) that literally transformed my Photography world!
September - Shot my first book cover (Dr. Jerry Cook) and CD Album cover (Audrey Bandley)
October - marked 6 years since my dad passed away
November - shot for Cache Valley Civic Ballet's Nutcracker for the 3rd year in a row - Turned 30!
December - Wonderful family time for Christmas - computer was down all month - only bad part about December! 

In all it was a wonderful year and we feel very blessed!

No comments: