Friday, August 17, 2012

Life, Family reunion, choices

So when Aspen was one we spent a late late night in the ER because she had a kidney infection.  We were living with my mother at the time who is a hairdresser.  We got home a little after midnight and I saw how awful I looked in the mirror and made a "rational" decision to have my mom cut my hair off...at 1 in the morning.  It was the longest I have ever in my life had my hair.  Way down my back and the best it had ever looked.  But in my rational state I decided I should just cut it off...since it looked awful at the moment.  And so my mom cut it off.  At 2 in the morning I was in tears because my hair was so awfully short and Ashton said I looked like a 12 year old girl.  The hair cut was cute but it wasn't for me.  Aw well right?  Hair grows and I decided I wouldn't ever go that short with my hair again.  Well, 5 years later seemed a good time to forget awful hair decisions.  In my "rational" state transition of being a stay at home mom and nearly going crazy with the lack of me time, I decided on a whim - on the day we are supposed to head up to Bear Lake for the Call family reunion - to go bleach my hair back blonde.  Really blonde.  Not that that's the problem.  I was blonde my whole life, so it wasn't a huge thing.  Except for the fact that my apt that was supposed to only take 4 hours and we'd be off to Bear Lake turned into 8 hours and Ashton and Aspen leaving without me because my poor hair decided to fry right off.  We did a test strip and it was fine, but somewhere in the process something went wrong and when we went to brush out my hair after washing it, I watched in horror as my long hair started breaking off in chunks.  And it looked like plastic.  I worked really hard on holding back my tears because my dear hair dresser was beside herself trying to figure out what had gone wrong.  I was a pretty color of blonde, but in the process had to lose all my lovely hair-off to my shoulders.  And Ashton wasn't happy that I had chosen to do it the day we had the family reunion, even though it wasn't SUPPOSED to work out the way it did.  I had it all planned out and even packed before I went. I just wanted some ME TIME!  What was so bad about that!  couldn't anyone understand my need!!! (those were the thoughts going through my head anyway)  Well-no use crying over spilled milk.  Not for too long anyway.  well, for no more than 2 hours...and then I was off to Bear Lake-newly blinded and chopped.  Ashton stifled his smile when he saw me...he knew I had received my consequence.  (I kept thinking about the part in the bible abt women losing their hair because of pride or whatever it is it exactly says...) Anyway, had to move on.  At least when Aspen saw me she rubbed her hand through my hair and said she loved it because we matched now.  (She's been wanting me to go back blonde so I could be like her again...)  So here is a pic.  And here I am at 3 mths pregnant.  I'm starting to not feel so nauseous all the time, but I still have no motivation or energy to do anything...I feel incredibly lazy.  What did you do if/when you felt this way during pregnancy??  I feel like I am growing a baby more out my butt then my stomach...seriously...why do thighs and butts have to expand so much?  Or maybe it's just mine!  


And a photo to compare the dark hair...

We had a great time in Bear Lake, it was very restful, and Ashton was so fun and played games with us and we spent time on the boat, got sun burned, Aspen had a blast with her cousins, and we played tons of card games.  It was just the break I needed.  I have had blasted sinus problems since I got pregnant though and no herbs, or other medicine seems to touch it.  I seem destined to keep these dang sneezes and runny/stuffy nose stuff.  Grrr!  It was the only thing that put a damper on my trip!

Next week I'm off to WICKED with my good friend Michelle Nilson.  I'm excited to get out and dressed up and sooooo excited to see WICKED!  I never have, but I've memorized all the music.  I will post about that the next time.  I'm really trying to get better at posting, but I feel lazy and unmotivated to do much of anything lately.  I need to get some more freelance work going to get me out and working more.  Maybe when Aspen starts school next week!  I Can't believe it!  1st GRADE!!!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

You've always been blonde in my mind, and every time I've seen you in person over the last few years I'm always startled by your dark hair. :)

You have the most adorable little prego tummy ever. On that note, motivation is for the birds... enjoy the excuse to rest for a time!

Wish I was going to Wicked with you!

Lacey said...

I really like you blonde, but that's how I've always known you. ) Sorry you had such a traumatic hair experience though! You and Aspen matching is so cute! And your little pregnant belly is adorable. Love love love your cute swim top!!! Where did you find a gem like that?