I can hardly put my thoughts and feelings into words tonight. I'm in awe at the kindness and intuition of other people. I'm shocked at the generosity and selflessness. I wish I had words to describe how I feel.
Yesterday some "Secret Santa" left us some money on our doorstep, and tonight a sweet family from our ward dropped off more money for us. I was struggling wondering how we would do Christmas gifts (not that that's what it's about, but everyone who has a little child knows how important it is to have a few gifts for Christmas) and pay our bills next month. But I had done a couple photo shoots and I saved up what I could for presents and made it stretch to get Aspen a few little things, and Ashton a little something, and I did photo prints for our families. I did good making the money stretch and still came up short for bills for next month, but I felt like we would be just fine. I have felt that Heavenly Father has looked over us so much, so I tried not to stress it too much.
I have a mixture of emotions about this. I know that the money will really really help us in the next month if Ashton still doesn't have a good paying job, but I also know there are other people who need it just as much or more than we do, so it's hard for me to accept it! But at the same time I am oh so thankful for it! I will admit I have a bit of pride and it's hard for me to accept help from other people, but I am just in awe at other peoples kindness! I wish I could tell them what is in my heart.
I pray that someday when Ashton and I are better off financially we can turn around and do the same for others. I want to be able to give back and bless someone else's life.
I just want my Father in Heaven to know how thankful I am that he is mindful of me, that he watches out for my family, that there are still such kind people in the world.
And to these families who have blessed us so abundantly this month, there are no words. My heart is full, my eyes are wet.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
1 comment:
This could have been my post last year. We had just bought a house and money was incredibly tight. We had unexpected bills and literally had $8 in our bank account. Christmas seemed impossible. We were blessed through the generosity of others that took the time to listen when they were prompted. He is truly mindful of us and He wants so much to bless us!
Post a Comment