So Aspen went to bed on time the next night and the tooth fairy did come! She just lost another tooth today and it was so much easier to get her to go to bed this time!
Aspen moments:
The other day Aspen asked me why we can't marry our cousins and I told her it was because we have the same genes and the babies could come out handicapped. So she paused for a minute, then says "so if I'm wearing the same jeans as a boy, I can't marry him because our kids will be handicap?" I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Then I had to try to explain the science to her.
She finds Amelia Bedilia books so hilarious right now.
At her parent teacher conference today her teacher said she is an accelerated reader, which doesn't surprise me, she loves to read and reads the words out of the scriptures so well. Sometimes she stumbles to sound out some words, but she is so curious she figures it out. She is in the 90th percentile in her class, she loves to learn and she is very quick. She does math better than I do :0)
She likes to staple lots and lots of pages together and write "stories" in them. They are fun to read, she has quite an imagination. I really need to get my camera out and take some photos. Poor kid, I spend so much time photographing other children and things, that I'm afraid she gets pushed aside. She often asks when it's her turn. I need to take a day and just let it be about her.
She likes to do anything that has to do with art. She is really fantastic at coloring and drawing and she loves to paint when I will let her...(I am OCD and struggle with messes...trying to get over it!) I have kept pieces to scan in, hopefully I will get them posted someday. I have so many someday projects! Ugh!
I just got done shooting a cover for the Discount magazine here in Logan for Anderson Feed and Garden yesterday. It was quite the experience...I was only given a very short time to capture a shot...hope it looks good on the cover!! I had to work with the environment I was given, and two little children. I think it turned out cute, but would have liked more time to make it look more cozy. Ah well! Have to use the time you are given.
I have been booked for photoshoots pretty consistently...which probably means I'm not charging enough. Ugh. I hate raising my prices, I only like to charge what I'm willing to pay for photos, so I like to keep it low...but I really do need paid for my time too, which by the time I've taken the photos, gone through the photos to pick my favorites, edited the photos, spent time showing the photos...I'm probably making 3-5 dollars an hour. ick.
I know what my baby is now! Anyone want to take a guess before I announce it? Of course I still haven't even announced baby anywhere but here. I don't know why. I'm not usually a secretive person, but I've just been very low key about this little one. People see me and say, "oh my goodness, I didn't know you were pregnant!" (see...can't hide it anymore) and I forget that since I haven't posted it on facebook, no one knows. Haha. Sweet Marissa Reeder Birch let me borrow her maternity clothes, and they are so cute...now I don't have to go around with my pants undone. I just couldn't afford any clothes right now, so I've made mine stretch...and boy were they stretching.
I guess that's a long enough update...if you made it this far good for you! I know I am long winded and always use this as my catch up journal! Check my website out to see my photos! shandalynncall.smugmug.com
1 comment:
It's a boy?!? You'd better tell me QUICK before my brain explodes! I've been WAITING!!! :)
Post a Comment