(I should have recorded the times I wrote these...for some reason I just kept repeating the date, but no time...must have been the meds. Lots of ramblings, so if you don't read it all, I won't be offended. It's just for my journals sake. Once again, It was the day after surgery, so I was still a little groggy...don't judge my writing too harshly haha! don't mind the fat picture of me...I am quite swollen from all the meds, but decided it's better to post a bad photo of me then none at all for posterity's sake.)
1-20-13
My anesthegiologist who gave my epidural rocked! I hardly felt more than a quick pin
prick!! He only administers the
amount of painkiller he feels is necessary, so I had more pain with this one
than my last. With Aspen I think
they drenched me in pain killer. I
hardly remembered a thing that day.
So it was a win/lose. More
pain as I was coming out of it, but I was able to remember more and be
present. I was able to visit with
those that came to see me. Also,
my recovery has been a lot faster this time around. I was able to get out of my catheter and IV a day earlier then I did with Aspen, and
get up walking. I’m pretty sure I
did too much today though, I’m in pain tonight. I was able to shower and remove my bandages. It’s always weird to me to look down
and see the staples in my stomach.
Freaks me out for a minute everytime. The gas pain I experienced with Aspen hasn’t been as bad
this time around. So much seems so
different to me in the 7 year gap.
And being in the new womens center is much nicer. In the NICU when Aspen was born, there
were open windows you could still see baby from and all the babies in NICU were
all put in one room. In the new
center, each baby has it’s own private little room. It’s nice to have it be a little more private. But no windows to let people see
baby. We were only able to have 6 on
the list that could come see baby: Grandma Call, Granpa Call, Grandma Peck,
Dani & Jon (Ashton’s brother and sis in law), and my sister ShaMayne were
who we had on the list.
1-20-13
At 8:30 this morning I finally got to go down and hold my
baby. They had taken her off her
breathing assistance, and I actually got to look at her! She has a little bit of dark curly
hair! SO CUTE! I hope she keeps it and it stays
curly! She wasn’t what I thought
she’d look like at all. I expected
her to look more like Aspen, but she has her very own look. She is so tiny! I was nervous to hold her because she
is just so little and she still has cords attached to her. I always worry I will mess them
up. I’m a nervous mommy. I feel like a first time mom again. Ashton has taken to her like bread on
butter. He spent most of the day
down in the NICU with her. I felt
guilty that I didn’t, I was in pain after a little while and needed rest
time. I think he enjoyed the one
on one moments with her, and one time when I went down he was asleep in the
chair holding her. Such a sweet
moment for me to see, because I never had that with Aspen…getting to see her
with her daddy. I can tell he is
just in love with this little girl, it’s all so new for him. It’s been so nice and comforting to
know that when I’m not able to be with her he is. With Aspen I felt like I had to just be so tough all on my
own, it was hard for me to accept help from others because I felt like a burden
for them even though I know they didn’t think that way. This time around I feel a little more
at peace. I feel like when Ashton
and I aren’t there, that my dad is.
I have felt this a couple times.
It has brought me a lot of peace.
Oh how I miss my daddy!
It’s hard when you have a c-section to get that bonding time with baby,
because it hurts everytime you move, at least for me, so I don’t get a lot of
time to hold and spend with her because I have to care for myself too. I know the bonding will come, it did
with Aspen, and now that little girl has me wrapped around her finger!
I have mourned the loss of not still having her in my
tummy. I know it probably sounds
weird, but I just loved being pregnant with her, I felt a lot closer to her
then than I do now of course. I
love having a constant little companion and there is just something so so
special about feeling that little ones spirit so close to mine. I know that when I get her home and get
to spend time holding her and feel better from my c-section that that bond will
come back. I already love her so
much. I wondered how my love would
expand from Aspen, but it just multiplies. I just have more love.
It’s a strange thing when I hear others say that, but now that I’ve had
the chance to experience it, I understand it so much more. This little one is so precious, and I
just feel like she has such a sweet little spirit.
1-20-13
Aspen called me tonight, she was so sad and wanted mommy and
daddy. It broke my heart, since no
one under 14 can come, I haven’t had a chance to see her since Friday morning. I don’t want her feeling like she is
less important than her baby sister.
I miss my little girl and her sweet hugs and kisses. I need to think of something to give to
her when I see her. Maybe a
balloon, she loves balloons. I
felt so helpless and sad after I got off the phone with her. I just wanted to have her here and have
our little family together. My
life is so blessed.
1-20-13
Little Audrianna, I am so blessed to be your mom. I can tell already that you have such a
sweet gentle spirit. I feel so
much peace around you. Your dad is
just enamored with you. This is
his first time getting to hold such a tiny newborn and to see him holding you
is so special for me. You are
going to be one loved little girl, by your mom, dad and big sister who is going
to just adore you! Aspen is an
amazing girl, and you will be so lucky to be her little sister. She will love you, teach you and you
two will be such great friends one day.
I know there is a huge age gap and you may not be close as little ones,
but one day, I just know you two will be close friends. I have loved seeing your little face,
holding your little hand and rubbing my cheek against yours! I can’t wait to have you home with us
and get to know you more!
I love you little one!
Thank you for choosing our family!
Love Mommy
1-20-13
My big girl Aspen!
I am sitting in the hospital at 3a.m. missing you so much! I can’t wait for you to see your little
sister and get to hold her. What a
precious moment that will be! You
are so amazing, so smart and so kind.
Your dad and I feel so blessed to be your parents. You melt my heart and bring so much
happiness into my life. There is
no doubt in my mind that you were meant to be my little girl. I have felt such a close bond with you
since before you were even born..
Your little spirit spoke to mine so early on. I know you are going to be the best big sister! You will be an amazing example to
Audrianna, and I am so excited to watch you both grow together. Thank you for being the sweet little
girl you are, and for picking me to be your mommy. I feel so blessed and privileged. I love you more than words can say little one! You are such a light in my life baby
girl!
I love you more than you will ever know!
Love Mommy
1-20-13
The nurse said that 20 babies were born in 24 hours the day
Audrianna was born and that was a new record high in births in one day for
them. Pretty cool!
1-20-13
10:17p.m.
I’m having a hard time emotionally tonight holding it all
together. I was hoping we would be
able to take baby home in a couple days, that she would be ready, but the Dr.
said probably not for 2 weeks at least.
I don’t want to rush her of course, because I want her to be ready and
healthy when we take her home, but it’s really hard. She had to go back on oxygen tonight and is down to 4 lbs
and that was hard for me. It just
felt like a set back, and I start getting all the worries about “what if she
digresses more? What if something else comes up…what if what if what if…” and I know I gotta stop that because
the what if’s could drive me crazy.
I just hate when I have to leave her. I did skin to skin today because the nurses said it would be
good to hold her skin to skin a couple times a day – it helps them get well
faster. It really helped my
bonding with her too. I felt a lot
closer to her after and felt like we finally got that bonding moment I’ve been
lacking with her. But now it makes
this process that much harder for me.
It’s hard for me to see her with all the wires and her little body still
shakes because her system just isn’t whole yet. I love her so much.
I also am struggling because I can’t have Aspen come see me, and I feel
like I’m neglecting her and I don’t want her to feel that way. I just feel pulled in so many
directions. But right now I just
need to concentrate on Audrianna and just get her well.
Ashton spent a lot of the day down holding her today. I don’t think anyone could keep him
away, he loves her so much. When
she is distressed or crying at all (which is rare) you can tell he hates
it. It’s hard for him to see his
little baby like that. He says he
just wants to take her and make her all better. I feel the same way.
I’m sure that’s how our Heavenly Father feels too when he sees us
hurting. Parenting sure gives us
perspective.




2 comments:
She is so precious. I hope she is doing well today. Thinking of you and your family!
PS- I'm going to take my time getting your gift to you. It won't fit her for another, oh, ten pounds or so anyway. :) And the rest of it I'd rather get right than be rushed. So don't think I forgot about you!
Post a Comment