Wednesday, January 9, 2013

life updates

So Ashton has made what feels like a million job calls, just no one is hiring right now, they all say check back in the spring, so I guess we will just have to stretch till Spring.  And pray.  Lots.  Especially since I will have to take some time off from my photography to have baby and recover from my c-section!

And if coming up with money to pay the bills isn't tight enough as is, our awesome microwave decided to blow up today.  here I am heating up some chocolate to dip my apples in (trying to be health conscious....haha) and the microwave starts spitting fire.  Bugger.  Not that it's the end of the world of course.  We CAN do it like other people and heat things on the stove.  Sometimes it's just nice to have fast and easy!

Aspen starts dance lessons tomorrow, and I am SOOO excited for her to have this opportunity.  I'm trading dance class photos for lessons for her.  She hasn't been able to do any activities for so long, this will be so good for her!

Baby is doing well, growing.  I feel fat.  Ick.  But it's all good.  I just want her to be healthy.  5 more weeks to go!!  She has decided to climb back up into my rib under my breast, making sleeping difficult again, and painful, but I can last a couple more weeks.  She is starting to slow down on moving, so I'm sure it's getting closer.  I haven't experienced as many braxton hicks with her as I did with Aspen, but we will give it time, I'm sure they will come.  I feel like this baby has such a sweet spirit.  She just seems so calm. Hope I'm not wrong about that when she comes out :0)  maybe I will be in for a surprise!

Ashton wanted me to go back brunette.  He likes the brown hair, and gave me a gift for christmas to go get it done before baby comes.  I went a much lighter brown than I have in the past, keeping a bit of my natural weaved throughout it, but remember how when I went back blonde my hair melted?  Well, it's been breaking off more and more each month and hasn't looked great, so I decided to buck up and just cut it all off and start it fresh.  I will probably let it grow out this time around and just get to my natural color and let it grow and be healthy.  I may have finally got messing with my hair out of my system.  I hate having short hair, but it looks a lot healthier.  And I keep reminding myself it will grow.  I just wish I didn't hate my natural #7 blonde.  I hate dirty dishwater blonde.  I wish I'd been blessed with my sisters lighter locks.  Ah well.  Such is life!

1 comment:

Jamie Younker said...

So I just spent forever catching up on your blog and I just have to say I love reading it! I am just usually bad at commenting. Just wanted you to know that I love you and am so excited to meet this new little girl of yours in a few weeks! I am so sorry things are slow in the job hunting department. If you ever need someone to call and vent for a minute please call me! I totally get it. There are ups and downs and the blessings always come.... Right when you need them most.

Anyway, just wanted you to know I think you are awesome!